The Information Processing Management Association (IPMA) is a not-for-profit, tax exempt Washington state corporation. For more information, please visit the IPMA's By-Laws, Annual Reports, and Board of Directors.
The Mission of the IPMA is to help maintain Washington State’s position as a nationally recognized premier IT state by continuing to advance the quality and professionalism of the Washington State Public Sector Business IT community. The IPMA is dedicated to:
- Promoting professional networking opportunities among public sector IT and business professionals and IT industry leaders
- Enhancing the IT community’s leadership, teamwork, collaboration and communications across Washington State public sector agencies
- Providing professional development opportunities for the state’s public sector IT and Business leaders, managers and technical staff that focus on:
- Developing and enhancing key IT skills through true technical training
- Expanding leadership and managerial competency
- Providing visibility to new and emerging technologies
- Collaborating with the business on IT solutions
- Sponsoring events that support the state’s emerging business issues.
The IPMA provides several events throughout the year. The events are:
Professional Development Events - Throughout Year
The purpose of the Professional Development Committee is to provide educational and networking programs and seminars for the IT community. The Committee works with corporate sponsors and state agencies to provide these programs at zero to minimal cost to attendees. The Committee also provides selected formal training events to be provided on a fee basis.
Executive Seminar - Annually in the fall
The Executive Seminar's goal is to facilitate communications, networking and the exchange of information technology ideas among senior state government information systems managers and corporate sponsors. Approximately 70 IT managers will attend.
Forum - Annually in May
Forum is an annual information technology seminar and trade show. For more than thirty years, Forum has proven to be an effective opportunity for vendors to demonstrate their products, for speakers to share their expertise and knowledge, and for state employees and others to attend free seminars and product demonstrations. It is important to note that Forum is one of the premier technology shows in the Pacific Northwest and the largest to focus solely on the public sector. Approximately 700 state, county, city and private sector employees will attend. Forum corporate sponsors have the option of being allocated high visibility display booths.
LeaderPath Program - Biennial
IPMA created and maintains the first leadership development program offered exclusively to public sector IT professionals in Washington state. The program focuses on the practical day-to-day issues and long-term strategic challenges of identifying and leading agency and interagency IT initiatives in collaboration with business partners. In the LeaderPath for IT Managers program, participants will refine their leadership skills and talents to interact with other leaders and influence the business decisions that strengthen any public sector organization. LeaderPath for IT Managers is a five month learning experience geared to public sector technology professionals poised for the next generation of leadership.