IPMA Board Member Recruitment - Contact IPMA by October 27th if Interested
The IPMA Board is currently recruiting for three new Board Members: one new Board Member will fill a new three year term ending in 2020, one new Board Member will fill an unexpired term ending in 2018, and one new Board Member will fill an unexpired term ending in 2019. The Information Professionals Management Association (IPMA) is a not-for-profit, tax exempt Washington State Corporation. The IPMA is governed by a 12-person Board of Directors that serve staggered three year terms. Annually, the Board selects three members to serve as officers (Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary-Treasurer). In addition, four members of the Board will have their terms expire every year. Board members have responsibilities and are required to participate on, or chair, various sub-committees that support the board’s various programs and annual work plan.
We are looking for leaders in the public sector information technology (IT) or business community that can devote their time and influence to help the IPMA Board meet their objectives.
The Mission of the IPMA is to help maintain the quality and professionalism of the Washington State Government IT community. The IPMA is dedicated to:
- Promoting professional networking among state government IT managers, business leaders and IT industry leaders
- Enhancing the IT community’s teamwork, collaboration and communications across Washington State agencies
- Providing professional education, development, and training opportunities for the state’s IT leaders, managers and technical staff that focus on:
- Developing and enhancing key IT skills
- Expanding leadership and managerial competency
- Providing visibility to new and emerging technologies
- Collaborating with the business on IT solutions
- Sponsoring events that support the state’s emerging business issues.
If you or someone you know would be interested in fulfilling one of these terms as a Board Member please contact Vonnie Diseth (Chair of the IPMA Nominations Committee) at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 27th. The IPMA Nominations Committee has more detailed information that they can share on the commitment and expectations for Board Members.