2012 IPMA Forum
Selected Presentations Now Available
The following presentations have been made available by the presenters:
- T-01 Keynote: Overview of the State Strategic Plan
- T-04 Office 365 at the State of Washington
- T-08 Experiences in the Cloud
- T-12 Improving IT Financial Transparency
- T-20 GIS Shared Services
- W-04 DES Virtualization
- W-04 DNR Virtualization
- W-04 Ecology Virtualization
- W-08 How Can Washington Be A Better Employer
- W-09 Adaptive and Responsive Web Design (related source code)
- W-15 Mobile Application Development (related source code)
- W-17 Access Success By Being A Better Value
Welcome Message from IPMA Chair – Ron Seymour, DFI
This year’s forum is very exciting because the IPMA is partnering with the new Office of the State Chief Information Officer (OCIO), Consolidated Technology Services (CTS) and our Corporate members to bring you a series of events that are directly in line or very relevant to the new strategic direction of Information Technology in Washington State government.
Forum 2012 is focused on bring you sessions that are relevant to the challenges and opportunities that It professional are facing today. Over the 2 days of Forum, there will be 38 sessions that will cover the topics that you have told the IPMA that you would like to learn more about. The hardest part for attendees will be figuring out which sessions to attend. There are sessions addressing where the future of IT is heading, session related to dealing with issues of today, and session to teach us how to improve on what we are already doing. Forum’s sessions will cover a wide variety of topics including: some of the OCIO’s strategies for Washington State IT, Cloud Computing and what it means to State IT, Software as a Service (SaaS), Mobile computing including Bring your own device (BYOD), Business intelligence and Analysis, and much more. The State of Washington’s CIO Bharat Shyam will be Tuesday’s keynote speaker. He will speak to the directions he sees for State IT and Wednesday's keynote speaker will be Rob St. John, Director of CTS. He will describe how CTS will support the direction of the CIO.
Be sure to check out the Forum 2012 session schedule on the IPMA web site. Please stop by and visit our Forum corporate members and vendors and especially the IPMA’s booth. Let us know what you think of this year’s event. Remember, the Forum is the centerpiece of a year-long effort by the IPMA to provide you and your colleagues with educational and networking opportunities. Please share your comments on events you would like to see or suggestions on how we can improve. Again, thank you for supporting your IPMA.
Calendar of events
The IPMA is announcing its preliminary agenda for Forum 2012 that is scheduled for May 22-23 at Saint Martin’s University. This year the IPMA is proud to be partnering with the State of Washington’s Office of the Chief Information Office (OCIO), Consolidated Technology Services (CTS) and our corporate members and vendors to bring you a series of session that are relevant, timely, and informative related to the hot topics of the day for Information Technology and Business professionals in Washington State and Local Government. Please reserve these dates on your calendar.
Tuesday May 22:
Speaker presentations will be available as attachments at the bottom of this web page.
The agenda for Tuesday May 22 includes:
- 8:30 am – Keynote presentation by state CIO Bharat Shyam - "An Overview of the State Strategic Plan"
- Four breakout sessions coordinated and staffed by the office of the state OCIO. The sessions are:
- Office 365 adoption in WA state
- Experiences in Cloud Platforms
- Driving transparency in IT spending
- Open Data Initiatives: building innovation on public
- Additional breakout sessions on topics such as: SaaS, Mobile printing, Cloud Video, analytical and integrated enterprises, web services, Leadership, open data, portals, CRm/xRm, GIS, etc.
Wednesday May 23:
The agenda for Wednesday May 23 includes:
- 8:30 am – Keynote presentation by CTS director Rob St John "How CTS will Support and Align with the State Strategic Plan." This session will explore CTS, focus on what’s new at CTS, and give participants a sense of how CTS is approaching its mission. Participants will also get a preview of things on CTS’ agenda for the future.
- Three breakout sessions coordinated and staffed by the office of the state OCIO:
- Experiences in virtualization
- Hiring and retaining IT staff
- Several application development sessions such as:
- Adaptive Design
- Agile Development – transformation and change
- Coding mobile applications
- A look at the future of IT from Gartner.
- Additional breakout sessions on System Center configuration, Economic pressures affecting a data center, Maximizing the business value of your projects, Data Warehousing, cloud computing, BYOD (Bring your own device), business intelligence, Designing a warehouse, and sharepoint usage examples, etc.
Check out the attachment at the bottom of this page for a complete scheule of breakout session. The agenda is subject to last minute change.
On May 23, there will be 42 vendors on exhibit in the Pavilion from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm. This will give you an opportunity to network with your peers and to discuss the details of vendor presentations and solutions. Please plan to stay for the Ice Cream social from 2:00 pm to 2:30 pm. Check out the attachment at the bottom of this page for a complete list of attending corporate members and vendors.
For contact information about our vendors, please check out the vendor contact list at the bottom of this web page.
|FF2012 brochure descriptions 5-13.docx||91.54 KB|
|FF2012 vendor contact list 5-29.xlsx||14.44 KB|