2014 IPMA Forum
"Business and Technology Working Together to Solve Problems"
May 20-21, 2014 at Saint Martin's University in Lacey, WA
Forum Themes and Session Topics: (View Full Agenda)
- Cloud - The value proposition, the services models, the cost savings, the case studies.
- Cybersecurity - Risk mitigation, end-point protection, securing unstructured data.
- Mobile Government - BYOD technologies, mobile applications, mobile strategies.
- Lean/Agile - The agile business organization, the Lean/agile/project management relationship, culture is key, using visual task boards.
- Strategic Directions - IT communities are here, inovations lab successes, Results Washington, enterprise systems
- Technologies and Solutions - Content management, in-memory computing, application development platforms, services architecture, performance testing.
- Data is Key - Big data tsunami, open data movement, the power of data analytics.
- The Top Ten Strategic Technology Trends for Smart Government - Bryan Pagliano, Research Director, Gartner
- Being Uncomfortable (and why that's a good thing) - Michael Cockrill, Chief Information Officer, State of Washington
- All Forum events are free and open to everyone to attend.
- The admission fee for this event is the donation of one canned food item, which will go to the Thurston and Mason County Food Banks.
Pre-registration is required.
- Business Solutions - Focusing on the business problems and solutions in state government.
- Strategic Directions - Outlining the States strategies for IT.
- Professional Development - Offering you opportunities to improve you knowledge and skills.
- Vendor Showcase - learn about the latest technologies.
Forum 2014 has something for everyone.
The 47 vendor exhibit booths will be open from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm on Tuesday, May 20th only. They include:
2013-2014 IPMA Corporate Members: Actian, Amazon Web Services, CGI, Cisco, CodeSmart, Comcast, Denali, Ednetics, EMC, ESRI, Gartner, General Micro Systems, HP, IBM, Microsoft, Net App, Oracle, Presidio, Ricoh, Right! Systems, Inc., SAP, SAS, Semantic Arts, Symantec, VMware
Vendors: cloudPWR, Cayzen, BTP, Dell, QuickStart, ImageSource, The Informatics Applications Group, Intrinium, KnowledgeLake, Capital Business Machines, Bit9, Kerika, Varonis, Paloalto Networks, IVOXY Consulting, Aerohive Networks, Infor.
Other Participating Organizations: OMUG, IPMA, IPMA LeaderPath, SPSCC.