2016 IPMA Forum
"Business and Technology Working Together to Solve Problems"
May 17-18, 2016 at Saint Martin's University in Lacey, WA
Forum Tracks and Breakout Session Topics: (View Full Agenda)
- Management / Leadership - Leading with Cultural Intelligence; The Changing Business of IT Management; Vendor Relationship Management; How to Achieve Enterprise Agility with a Bimodal Capability; Enterprise Print Strategy;
- Cloud / Infrastructure – Converged Infrastructure in Government; Lessons from the Cloud; The Software Defined Data Center; Enterprise Linux; Evolving Your Data Center;
- Cybersecurity – Security and Compliance in the Cloud; NIST Cybersecurity Framework; The Cyber Security Lifecycle; How Not to do Security!!!; Community Cybersecurity;
- Application Development - Cloud Development; Mobile Development; Application Security; Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery; SQL 2016;
- Business - Governance Structure for Successfully Delivering Large Scale IT Projects; Business Transformation; IT/LOB Collaboration; Changing Business Practices; Contracting Strategies for Replacing Legacy Applications; Connecting the Dots of Risk Management; “All In” to be Agile;
- People / Process - Attracting, Engaging, and Retaining the State’s IT Workforce; Workplace Transformation and Digital Disruption; Finding Value in Healthy Conflict; Findng Your Voice and the Courage to Change;
- Data - Spatial and tabular analysis of your big data; Applying Data Science to Government Services
- Michael Cockrill, Chief Information Officer, State of Washington
- “The Internet of Everything for Enhancing Teaching and Training through Smart Technologies: Phones, Tablets, and Wearables” -- Robbie K. Melton, Ph.D., Associate Vice Chancellor, Tennessee Board of Regents
- All Forum events are free and open to to the public.
- Entrance fee is one canned food item, which will go to the Thurston County Food Bank
Registration is required.
Forum Pre-Registration is closed.
You will be able to register at the Forum.
Forum 2016 has something for everyone, including IT Managers, Business Analysts, Lean Practitioners, Application Developers, Infrastructure Support Staff, Program Managers, Project Managers, Data Analysts, or Security Analysts.
The 47 vendor exhibit booths will be open from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm on Tuesday, May 17th only. They include:
2015-2016 IPMA Corporate Members: Amazon Web Services, CA, CGI, Check Point, Cisco Systems, CNSI, cloudPWR, CodeSmart, Comcast Business Class, Deloitte, EMC, Esri, f5, Gartner, General Microsystems Inc., Harbinger Group, HP, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, NetApp, Nutanix, Oracle, Presidio, Semantic Arts, ServiceNow, The Informatics Applications group (TIAG), VMware
2016 Forum Vendors: Adobe, Cayzen Technologies, DES, ExtraHop, FireEye, Gigamon, ImageSource, Ivoxy Consulting, Juniper Networks, Nimble Storage, Splunk, Structured Communications, TFxCloud, Unisys, WaTech, Wolfe, Xerox, and Zones.
NOTE: VENDOR BOOTHS WILL BE CLOSED FROM 8:30 AM TO 9:30 AM DURING THE MAY17 KEYNOTE