The Information Professional Management Association (IPMA) is seeking candidates to fill several vacancies on its Board of Directors.
The IPMA is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting Washington state’s status as the nation’s premier hub for information technology. We cultivate leadership, education and networking to support public sector IT professionals and the CIO community.
We are dedicated to:
- Promoting professional networking opportunities among public sector IT professionals, business IT professionals, and IT industry leaders.
- Enhancing the IT community’s leadership, teamwork, collaboration, and communications across public sector agencies in Washington.
- Providing professional development opportunities for the state’s public sector IT and business IT leaders, managers, and technical staff focusing on:
- Developing and enhancing key IT skills through technical training.
- Expanding leadership and managerial competency.
- Providing visibility to new and emerging technologies.
- Collaborating with businesses on IT solutions.
- Sponsoring events that support emerging business and technology opportunities.
A 12-member Board of Directors has guided the activities of the IPMA for over 50 years.
- The Board is a working group composed primarily of state agency CIOs and IT leaders who volunteer their time and expertise to guide the major functions of IPMA.
- The Board has three corporate officers who serve as the Chair, Vice-Chair and Secretary/Treasurer as required for a 501 (C) (6) not-for-profit Washington state corporation.
- The Board formally meets once a month and board members also participate in committee meetings to support IPMA functions and activities.
- Board members typically serve a minimum of a three-year term.
- When an IPMA Board vacancy arises, a Recruitment Committee seeks qualified candidates for open Board positions.
If you are interested in serving on the Board, you are encouraged to express your interest by contacting one of the following board members by September 15, 2023.
- Jennifer McNamara Jennifer.McNamara@doh.wa.gov
- Bryce Carlen BryceC@dor.wa.gov
- Matthew Oram Matthew.Oram@dfw.wa.gov
If you know of someone who may be interested in this opportunity, please feel free to share this information with them.
*To be eligible for a Board of Directors position, the person must be a current or retired Washington State government employee. No compensation is paid to any member of the Board of Directors for services offered as a member of the Board.